Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good lump

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Wow was I impressed by my 1st use of Wicked Good.  There were several huge pieces and there was about 40% left after a 20 hour burn.

Very happy.  If you haven't used it yet, find a way to get a bag and give it a whirl.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    It's the best
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    We want a post about what you cooked with it. I know but I won't tell.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Lol...it's coming sir!
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

Since I switched over to wicked good, have seen a noticeable reduction in ash - or at least it seems that way.   When getting ready to start a new cook, first thing I always do is stir around the left over charcoal and make sure the air holes are clear.   Lot less residue.

Cookin in Texas
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I just finished my first bag and initially I'm quite impressed with the amount of baseball or larger sizes of lump found throughout the bag. It's high on my fav list.
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Options
    Best lump I've used yet by far, their customer service is top notch as well.
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    Noted. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Sgt93
    Options
    And my closest seller is just outside of Peoria. Will have to stop by when visiting the in-laws and pick some up. 
  • Hi54putty
    Options
    I get it shipped to my house 3 bags at a time. $22/bag.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Sgt93
    Options
    Wow, not bad at all. I will look into it. Not leaving the house is my kind of shopping. 
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Options
    I still use a bag of RO every now and then, but only Wicked Good for long cooks. The efficiency of this brand along with minimal ash build up is great.
  • cazzy
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Plus tax or no. That's the same price I pay, but I'll prolly spend another $5-$10 in gas.
  • TripleD
    TripleD Posts: 14
    Options
    Ditto above!  It cost $44 for two bags but additional $34 in shipping. Its so good I'll pay up but there got to be a better way.
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Options
    Keep your eye out at your local Ace Hardware. Mine sells it for 19 something. (I'm loving the price, compared to most of you, but I'd pay more.)
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    edited May 2012
    Options
     I have been burnt on two diff pallet orders of WG. I bought 14 bags each time and out of the 28 bags, all but about 4 bags had huge logs in them. I'm talking like10 or 12 pieces per bag. I'm done chipping huge logs into usable pieces. Makes a hell of a mess! May be coincidence but after two tries, I'm done! Back to RO for me. Plus it's plentiful.
  • Hi54putty
    Options
    My price above is all in including shipping. I don't think I paid tax, but if I did, that was included also.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    My price above is all in including shipping. I don't think I paid tax, but if I did, that was included also.
    Are you getting direct from the WG web site or another mail-order supplier...Just looking for the best deal as the local (25 miles away) supplier (not Ace) upcharges enough to make it about break-even to get shipped in.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    I just got 3 bags from ace, $22 a bag, with a 10% off coupon, came out to around $17 a bag. Yeah there's some big chunks, I put about a 6"x6" piece in the bottom of my large and filled in around it, did a 16+ hour cook and looks like I have enough to do another!!! The stuffs good and dense if you can find it for a reasonable price, the piece break easy enough if you hit them with the claw of a hammer

• Sgt93
    Options
    Do all ACE stores carry it? I may check locally. The site said Washington IL was closest though.
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Options
    @ Sqt93 - there was a thread on here a while back that mentioned Ace was now carrying WG. It included the item number. It is #8322786. I finally went by my local ACE here is Mankato, MN and asked them if they could get it. They punched in the item # and said $20.99 for a 22# bag. They ordered it for me and I picked up 4 bags the next day.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Hi54putty
    Options
    Are you getting direct from the WG web site or another mail-order supplier...Just looking for the best deal as the local (25 miles away) supplier (not Ace) upcharges enough to make it about break-even to get shipped in.
    I ordered it directly from WG. They sent it UPS.

Xraypat23,
    10% off of $22 is $19.80. Looks like you got the better end of that transaction!
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options

Sgt93

You can have your Ace dealer check SKU # 8322786. If it's in his Distrib. Center, he can special order it for you, if he doesn't already stock it. Most Ace stores get 2 deliveries a week. West coast distrib. centers are suppose to have it in stock on 6/4/12.

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Sgt93
    Options
    @ Sqt93 - there was a thread on here a while back that mentioned Ace was now carrying WG. It included the item number. It is #8322786. I finally went by my local ACE here is Mankato, MN and asked them if they could get it. They punched in the item # and said $20.99 for a 22# bag. They ordered it for me and I picked up 4 bags the next day.
    I have an ACE down the road. That sounds much better. Thanks for the info! :D
  • Sgt93
    Options

Sgt93

You can have your Ace dealer check SKU # 8322786. If it's in his Distrib. Center, he can special order it for you, if he doesn't already stock it. Most Ace stores get 2 deliveries a week. West coast distrib. centers are suppose to have it in stock on 6/4/12.

Outstanding, thank you. :)