Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE ring bolts

flmtrainflmtrain Posts: 15
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I put together my BGE yesterday and noticed today as I looked at other post which has pictures that I installed my bolts that pull the two main metal rings together are on the right side of the spring when looking from the front but from the pictures I see everyone's bolts are located on the left side. I would not think this matters due to they are doing the same on either side which is hold the dome cover on and the connection to the base but I thought I would ask any way. I start my first cook tonight so I thought I would ask. Heading right from work to the market to purchase something to grill tonight. Thanks, Frank
·

Comments

• HicHic Posts: 350
    Is the spring upside down?

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • flmtrainflmtrain Posts: 15
    I don't think the spring is upside down. The flat metal part of the spring is on top I had checked that but I think that I must have flipped over the rings when putting it together. The rings look to be the same either way and the dome lifts up without a problem that is why I thought it was ok but wanted to make sure.
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    edited May 2012
    I have eggs with bolts on both sides but you just gave me an idea. One of my eggs pulls to one side when I close it I'm thinking to take the bands apart and flip them maybe it will correct the gap a little
    ·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    I have eggs with bolts on both sides but you just gave me an idea. One of my eggs pulls to one side when I close it I'm thinking to take the bands apart and flip them maybe it will correct the gap a little
    Never thought of that, I may give it a shot.
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 505
    try cutting washers into U shapes to correct the offset it worked the first time for me 
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·