Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE ring bolts

Options
flmtrain
flmtrain Posts: 15
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I put together my BGE yesterday and noticed today as I looked at other post which has pictures that I installed my bolts that pull the two main metal rings together are on the right side of the spring when looking from the front but from the pictures I see everyone's bolts are located on the left side. I would not think this matters due to they are doing the same on either side which is hold the dome cover on and the connection to the base but I thought I would ask any way. I start my first cook tonight so I thought I would ask. Heading right from work to the market to purchase something to grill tonight. Thanks, Frank

Comments

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Is the spring upside down?

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• flmtrain
    flmtrain Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't think the spring is upside down. The flat metal part of the spring is on top I had checked that but I think that I must have flipped over the rings when putting it together. The rings look to be the same either way and the dome lifts up without a problem that is why I thought it was ok but wanted to make sure.
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have eggs with bolts on both sides but you just gave me an idea. One of my eggs pulls to one side when I close it I'm thinking to take the bands apart and flip them maybe it will correct the gap a little
  • Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Options
    I have eggs with bolts on both sides but you just gave me an idea. One of my eggs pulls to one side when I close it I'm thinking to take the bands apart and flip them maybe it will correct the gap a little
    Never thought of that, I may give it a shot.
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    try cutting washers into U shapes to correct the offset it worked the first time for me 
    Hermosa Beach CA