Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs and Cincinnati EGGFEST

Options
Revolutionary BBQ Man
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
I am going to try this again. I need help with cooking baby backs on the EGG. Any good sites or anyone give me directions? Also I am wondering about the Cincinnati EGGFEST. ANyone out there knowif it is going to happen or not?
Thanks,
Rick

Comments

• Walter
    Walter Posts: 67
    Options
    Revolutionary BBQ Man,[p]Don't know about the Cinci EGGfest... hope you get a response. I sure hope it does happen since I just moved here from CA and brought my large EGG with me :)[p]Walter
  • mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    Revolutionary BBQ Man,
    Try this link - go to the recipe section.

[ul][li]http://www.wessb.com/[/ul]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Revolutionary BBQ Man,
    Anyone in Ohio or the surrounding area shoot me an email if your interested with the city/state you live in. I will complile names and locations. First step in getting one up IMHO in finding interest and a central location.[p]Dennis

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    Revolutionary BBQ Man, Hey!! I'm from Cincinnati and would love to have an egg-fest here. I have talked to Crableg and I know that he is from Cincinnati as well. I don't think we have a distributor here that could be as great as Dale in Waldorf. I have not really had a good experience with the 2 that I know of. I called one just last week for a price on a small, and he did't know. Said he would call me back, and I havn't heard a word. Seems to me like they want to sell pool supplies more than eggs.

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Saucy Sue,
    Yup, they are a pool place, no doubt. I would be interested in an eggfest, but have never done anything like this before, nor have I been to one to see the nuts and bolts of what happens, other than cooking and drinking and socializing, of course. If there really is an interest, I am sure we can tap the unlimited resources of q-babe and grillmeister to name a few as to how you pull something like this off. Let's try to get a real feel for how many would show up, and where to have it. How we do that is up to Saucy Sue(hehehe)
    Seth

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    Crab leg, Thanks for your confidence. Yes I attended one and ate and drank with the best of them. I think it sounds like a great idea, and hopefully we would create somemore interest. I had so much fun at Waldorf, and if we could get a distributor to have an interest, we could pull it off. I only know of the one in Newtown, and one in Sharonville. Any suggestions about other distributors?

• Revolutionary BBQ Man
    Options
    Saucy Sue,
    There is a place on the West side of town which is also a distributor. It is Wardway Fuels. I would not anticipate sponsorship from them either but guess there would be no harm in trying. I have never attended an EGGFEST and have not a clue what needs to happen to pull one off. I am always willing to put forth an effort with others if there is enough interest.[p]Rick