Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question: How Long is Pulled Pork Good For?

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did some pulled pork last weekend and we have some leftover in the fridge. I never vacuum sealed it as I thought we would devour it all within a few days. It's now 7 days old. I thought I'd put it into some of CWM's great baked beans. My wife says to throw it out. Still smells pretty good. Does anyone have an opinion as to how long it's good in the fridge? Deb says toss it and use the fresh pulled pork which just came done a couple of hours ago.[p]Thanks,[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    JimboBQ, When in doubt, toss it out. Specially if I had some fresh butt.

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    JimboBQ,[p]...."for just about as long as it takes to eat it"!![p]Sorry... I just couldn't resist!!LMAO!![p]I know, I know......thanks for the help![p]Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    nuthin the matter with it after 7 days.
    good christmas, did we all turn into girly-men around here? remember college, when we all bought our milk 'chunky style"?[p]
    anyway, if it's in the fridge, why would it go bad? [p]we pay top dollar for beef hung in a fridge for up to three weeks, but at a week in the fridge we toos the pulled pork? [p]
    how old is that salad dressing on your bottom shelf?[p](just giving you grief)... but i wouldn't toss it. and if the wife is skittish, welll, that's more for you, isn't it?

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante