Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Dallas BGE Dealers

Options
cssmd27
cssmd27 Posts: 345
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Another thread reminded me I need to ask this question.  Can you guys recommend good, reliable BGE dealers in the Dallas area - preferably close to the Park Cities?  I have a buddy about to buy one.  I've used BBQ Galore right by my house, but their service and support after the sale has demonstrated to me that they are not enthusiastic supporters of the BGE.  I would rather send him to someone that will be more supportive after the sale.
Dallas (University Park), Texas

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I don't know how far you are willing to drive, but I would recommend Gold Medal Pools in Frisco, ask for Alec and tell him Griffin sent you. That or Elliot's Hardware in Plano is pretty good....or it was until Alec left, not sure how it is now.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    Options
    Elliott's hardware in Plano....on Coit Road, between Park and Parker. Bought my large from them 3 years ago, service is always excellent. They replaced a broken platesetter on the spot. Great company!!
    Fairview, Texas
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    for convenience, it's jackson's near love field.  for a dealer who knows the egg and grilling biz, it's Alec at gold metal pools in frisco on Preston, near hooters for cold beer.  oh and don't tell alec griffin sent you, tell him the denton guy sent you........lol........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Smokin_Good
    Smokin_Good Posts: 80
    Options
    Natural Selections in Carrollton is where I bought mine. They had the best prices in the Metroplex. I haven't had to deal with the dealer for anything after the sale so I can't speak about that. From what I have read as long as you have your paperwork and register the egg any dealer can help you with any warranty issues you have.
    XL BGE, Medium BGE, 36" Blackstone, UDS, Red Weber Kettle & LSG Large IVS
    Keller, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    for convenience, it's jackson's near love field.  for a dealer who knows the egg and grilling biz, it's Alec at gold metal pools in frisco on Preston, near hooters for cold beer.  oh and don't tell alec griffin sent you, tell him the denton guy sent you........lol........

t
    hey now! I was first to say it. lol

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• hogsfan
    hogsfan Posts: 128
    Options

t
    FWIW, Alec refers me to your site just about every time I talk to him, Tom. (and he always leads into it with "there's this guy in Denton named Tom...)
  • nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    Options
    Didn't realize Alec left Elliot's....he's the one that provided excellent service at Elliot's. Will have to visit with him in Frisco.
    Fairview, Texas
  • woody's wood pit
    Options
    I bought my first at BBQ Galroe in Carrollton have had excellent srevice and help for over a year...good people there

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    check with Alec, he's planning another demonstration cook in couple weeks.  Their building a really cool covered party area that has egg par'te written all over it.......t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.