Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brochette Shrimp and Bacon-Wrapped Scallops

BigTex33BigTex33 Posts: 40
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had fun with these tonight.  8 jumbo (U15 ct) butterflied shrimp stuffed with Pepper Jack cheese and a fresh jalapeno slice.  The whole thing wrapped in 1/2 piece of bacon and skewered.  Cooked at 500* for about 5 minutes per side.  

Bacon-wrapped scallops also turned out great although difficult to flip on a skewer.  Here are before and after pics.
·

Comments

• BigTex33BigTex33 Posts: 40
    edited May 2012

·
    edited May 2012

·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Nice cook....looks good!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    Use two skewers to make it easier to flip.  :ar!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Use two skewers to make it easier to flip.  :ar!

He did on the shrimp...
    ·
    The problem with the scallops was that they are so tender the skewer just pulled right through.  I ended up using a metal flipper and that worked just fine.
    ·
  • bleachtbleacht Posts: 2
    sorry for the lame question, I just got my BGE and new to all of this ( I lived in an apartment for the last 4 years and had to use an electric grill), but did you cook direct or indirect? 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Those shrimp look great Big Tex. My wife always orders them at Water Street in Corpus when we go down to visit. Not sure why we have never done them, although we have talked about it. Going on the short to-do list now.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,045
    Bacon wrapped shrimp is going to happen at my house soon. Nice cook man.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Wow those look delicious... shrimp... cheese... jally's.... oh yeah!  I'm there. 
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·