Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your favorite thing you've cooked on your Egg?

FxLynch
FxLynch Posts: 433
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm not talking what is your favorite cut of meat, or meal to cook on the grill, I'm saying which single item( or single meal) was the best cook you ever did on your Egg?

I've had my Egg less than a year, but I've made so many things on it I have a hard time remembering them all.  However, I'd have to say that when I smoked my last brisket, then chopped up the point for burnt ends, they were the most enjoyable thing I've cooked on the egg.  I've done steaks, briskets, chicken, turkey, veggies, fish, tri tip, chuck, ribs, etc, but those burnt ends just ended up being unbelievably good.  Worlds better than other burnt ends I've Egged.  Not sure if it was that particular piece of meat, my seasonings, or what, but that time they were amazing. Interestingly, the flat of that cook wasn't all that great. I much prefer a Ribeye to burnt ends, but man...something about that batch made them a cut above anything else I've cooked on the Egg.

So my question to you, if you can remember or narrow it down to just one: if you had to think back at everything you've cooked, and choose only one to say was your greatest, what would it be? 

Frank

Comments