Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

UNBELIEVABLE SWORDFISH!!!

Options
Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fresh swordfish tonight on the EGG and WOW!! I did three 12 ounce swordfish steaks for an unbelievable feast. Cranked ol' Humpty up to 550. Prepared the swordfish with a little olive oil, Kosher salt, black pepper, and a little lemon pepper. I grilled the fish for 3 minutes each side and then shut everything up and let it go for anyother 8 minutes. The steaks were about 1.5 inches thick!!! WOW...I have never had such a meal. I've eaten a lot of swordfish in my life (living here on the coast of Maine), but this was untouchable. I made up some fantastic mango salsa to go with the fish. (a ripe mango diced into about 1/2 inch squares, about a half a red onion diced, a little chopped fresh mint, cilantro and basil, a teaspoon + of olive oil, just a little chopped and fresh hot pepper added for good luck, and some fresh lime juice). I never knew swordfish could be so moist/juicy. Try it!!!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Doug,
    Boy, I wish you had a picture of those rascals. I love swordfish but we have had a harder time finding it down here since they have started having the moratorium/protest/boycot -- whatever it is with the swordfish -- last year. I like my fish seared well too. Got any frozen ready to ship????[p]Tim[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Doug,
    Just down the coast from you in Newburyport. I know what you mean. My wife was a big swordfish eater when we go out but not anymore. The Egged version is just out of this world.

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Doug,
    I'll be honest with you, that sounds great! It seems that my invitation arrived a bit late, though. Please give me more notice next time you're having swordfish![p]Bama Fire

• Unknown
    Options
    Doug, I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but I would like to point out that swordfish are heavily overfished. Similar fish that have better stocks include tuna and dorado (aka dolphin fish, not Flipper). I'm in no way advocating veganism (sp?) see my handle, but if we don't manage resources, we won't have them in the future. Was dodo best grilled or low/slow? Anyway, thanks for the soapbox time.