Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brand New Egghead

Options
CAWjr
CAWjr Posts: 25
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
After 2+ years of drooling over owning an egg, I finally bought one this
past weekend (appropriate that it was Easter weekend!).  Since I live
in Atlanta, I picked it up direct from BGE HQ.  I also had a custom
table made for it by a guy I found on Craigslist.  I got the egg home on
Friday, but the Table woudl not be done until Saturday night.  I didn't
let that stop me!  I assembled the egg, set it on the ground, and fired
it up.  I'm kicking myself that I did not do this years ago!  It was so
easy & so fast.

I'm really looking forward to exploring all
kinds of new ways to cook with the egg and learning everything I can
from this forum.

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Welcome, fellow padawan.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• RichardBronosky
    Options
    Welcome. I bought mine for Easter as well. My 3 & 5 y/o daughters call it the Easter Egg and probably will forever now.

Get some wheels on that table! You don't want the end grain sitting in the rain. You won't get a year out of it.

I still have mine sitting on cement blocks. My Dad had to cancel his trip down from WV, so I don't know when I'll be building my table.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
  • CAWjr
    CAWjr Posts: 25
    Options
    I had the same thoughts as you about sitting it directly on the ground.  I bought wheels for the table, but the deck is on a slight slope, so I'm nervous that even with locking wheels, it will roll off the end.  Last thing I want is to come out & find my egg gone all humpty dumpty!

I am looking for some basic steel or even nylon feet that I can attach to raise it off the ground.  I don't anticipate moving the table much or at all, so the wheels are really unnecessary.

If anyone can recommend a good solution to get the wood off the ground, I am all ears!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Welcome, fellow padawan.

:) +1

Welcome!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I've had great luck cutting a roofing shingle the side of the post. Works great on decking footings.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Txwaym1
    Txwaym1 Posts: 2
    Options

i got mine large Green Egg for my birthday April 1!  i had also being promised one by my family for about 2 years.  i finally got to use mine the Saturday before Easter.  three slabs of ribs and baked potatoes.  Oh my Gosh i also realize what i have missing these years.  i only got one rib as the family cleaned me out.  i am anxious to use it more to really get comfortable with it.  it is amazing how the temperature can be maintained.

txwaym1