Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Does BGE guarantee the platesetter?

IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just went outside and opened my BGE and my platesetter is split down the middle.  Does BGE guarantee this?  If not, what is the set-up from the ceramic grill store that is the substitute?  I had an issue with my spider and Tom is replacing it for free - very satisfied with them (great service and products) and if there is a sub for the platesetter I am all about it. Thx 

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    I would get a adj rig with pizza stone for indirect. You could also get a woo and accomplish the same thing with less options. 

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TripTrip Posts: 27
    I seem to remember the PS and pizza stones come with a 1 year warranty.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795

3 years according to the BGE warranty link on their webpage

http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/warranty/

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Dang you platesetter, burnt pizza - unedible.  Aaaaaahhhhhhhh......
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,515

Just buy another pizza stone. You have a spider. = platesetter....... I have a platesetter I do  not use at all. I use my spider/pizza stone. Have got to not using the lower pizza stone for pizza now. Just use the top one high on the adj rig and no need for the lower indirect.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Thx, should I buy the adjustable rig?
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,515
    Thx, should I buy the adjustable rig?

Sure works for me. Just call Tom.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).