Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Curious.....What is the significance of, or why did you choose the "handle" that you have?

Comments

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Nickname given to me by a friend during our volleyball matches. Cat like reflexes.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Play on the Dr. Suess book Green Eggs and Ham.
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    My nickname since 5th grade.  More people know me as Demo than by my real name.
  • gdawgs24
    gdawgs24 Posts: 21
    because i am a georgia bulldog and jeff gordon fan
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    BYS = my initials
    1981 = year I was born

It is also my twitter handle.

I'm guessing you're one of the youngest on this forum...
  • I'm a veterinary technician and I've had yellow Labs for a long time now.  For some reason they always like to hang out around the grill, lol.
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    edited March 2012
    I have a Catalina 34, we Sail on Lake st clair in Michigan.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    BYS = my initials 1981 = year I was born It is also my twitter handle.
    I was born in September of 82. I figured I was one of youngest.... Guess I was right...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Previous life U.S. Navy-submarine force.  Served as captain of USS Louisville (SSN 724) submarine among others-young man's game and I'm well beyond that:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215

My older sister used to call me Wooty when I was a baby.  I asked her about it awhile back myself, wondering where she got it from.  She can't remember.  I stuck the "Lil" in front of it since she stopped calling me that after the toddler years. 

Living Large and XL

• Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Too old to die young.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    My last name is "mills" and the boys starting calling me "Millsy" when I was young and it has stuck.For a long time people never knew my first name because i played sports and all they put on your jersey is your last name. ^:)^
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    'stike' is the root of my family name.  from the anglo-saxon (see Ælfric's anglo saxon grammar, 1st C.) 'steke', where we get our english words 'steak' (meaning: meat on a stick), 'stake', 'stick', 'stuck', 'stitch', and 'stab'.  I once stabbed a guy in a barfight over a steak, and stuck him with the tab

in proto-german 'stik-' means 'prick' and 'sharp' , (both of which i have been accused of being) and comes via latin 'in-stigare' ("to goad"), where we get 'instigate'.... 

all related to the family name.  and which seems pretty apt sometimes, as i am often accused of being an instigating pr!ck who likes steak

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    BYS = my initials
    1981 = year I was born

It is also my twitter handle.

haha,

I was expecting similar results. lol
  • Hillbilly - grew up in Wild Wonderful West "By God" Virginia, so I'm a born & bred, and REAL "hillbilly"

Hightech - now living in Silicon Valley working for a high tech company (details of which need not be disclosed here as I don't speak for them on here - suffice it to say that you've probably heard of the company).
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    'stike' is the root of my family name.  from the anglo-saxon (see Ælfric's anglo saxon grammar, 1st C.) 'steke', where we get our english words 'steak' (meaning: meat on a stick), 'stake', 'stick', 'stuck', 'stitch', and 'stab'.  I once stabbed a guy in a barfight over a steak, and stuck him with the tab

in proto-german 'stik-' means 'prick' and 'sharp' , (both of which i have been accused of being) and comes via latin 'in-stigare' ("to goad"), where we get 'instigate'.... 

all related to the family name.  and which seems pretty apt sometimes, as i am often accused of being an instigating pr!ck who likes steak

Classic!! =D>

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Part last name, part nick name.
  • forty_crk
    forty_crk Posts: 52
    my favorite whisky and it's never let me down!
    Reed- Springhill, Louisiana
  • I live on a clam beach on Puget Sound.  
  • I live in the land of Longhorns, Aggies, Red Raiders, Bears, & Horned Frogs.... a Born and Bred Sooner... It's my duty to make certain we're well represented! BOOMER!!
    BOOMER!
  • My sons names are George and Sam. George is the big brother: Bubba. Sam is little bro: Sambo.
    RMFT LBGE
  • pezking7p
    pezking7p Posts: 132
    I have a Catalina 34, we Sail on Lake st clair in Michigan.
    It blows my mind that you sail a 34 ft boat on a lake.  I grew up in Iowa so boats over 16' in general are a mystery to me, but now that I sail (buzzards bay) I completely forget that big lakes can have big boats!
  • tjp1060
    tjp1060 Posts: 55

Initials and month/year born.

So original I can't stand it.

:-\"
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Referred to my 1999 convertible Z28 I had when I first started doing internet forums.

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    First name is Bill, middle is Ray. When my youngest son was at Ole Miss, we would do baby backs on game day at the Grove. Everyone liked them so much, they said we should open a rib place and we could call it Billy Ray's Lotta Ribs.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    My buddy called Famous Grouse scotch Lowflyer and thought it was funny..  "Hitting the Lowflyer tonight are ya"?  I don't drink it tho...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I get lit up just like my egg.
  • eggnited
    eggnited Posts: 94
    Thought eggnited was a clever pun since it sounds like ignited. I took it to have multiplel meanings...ignited literally  like starting the fire...and also like someone who is off and running....excited to cook...eager to learn. Also thought it could be taken as united with other eggheads.
  • I'm a die-hard LSU fan not a fair weather fan. I am there win or lose......1226 is my bday......BTW I'm also a diehard Saints fan!!!!
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Geaux Tigers!
    Geaux Tigers!!!