Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenderloin question - any judges out there?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is it necessary or even advised to remove all of the silver membrane that is on a pork tenderloin? There is some part of it that peeled off similiar to the membrane on baby backs and that came off ok - the other part was tearing the meat. I have not messed with the harder stuff before - but in the spirit of presentation I don't want to screw up.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Martini Mark in PTC
    Options
    RRP,
    Hi Ron....I've never seen them with it here, whether bought at the store or when I get them from a local farmer. I say get rid of it....

• smokeydrew
    smokeydrew Posts: 130
    Options
    RRP,[p]Short answer: remove as much as possible but don't worry too much if you can't get it all[p]Long answer: I did a craisin's soaked in port, walnut, feta cheese, and spinach stuffed tenderloin last night. It had some fat attached to the membrane you are referring to, so I just grabbed that and slid a sharp knife between it and the meat to remove it. I did end up leaving some of it on and did not notice any remnants when I removed it from the egg (375 elevated direct until 145 internal). I'm not sure who originally shared the recipe but darnit I just can't eat out anymore thanks to recipes like this, NB's salmon, and TRex's steaks.[p]-smokeydrew[p]