Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uses for a Mini

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all,[p]I am thinking of getting a mini. I have a large currently. I would plan to use this mostly for travel sooooo.[p]First off, what range on temps can be maintained with the mini? I am really after low and slow on the go, so I can cook while I fish/hunt etc. I have a TEC Cherokee that works great for grilling, but it's obviously not for anything but searing and grilling.[p]And what, for instance, can fit on a mini? [p]How many ribs?
Chicken?
Couple burgers?
Tri tip?
Thanks a bunch![p]Justin

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Straus J,
    i just bought a small for the same reasons, to set it up and leave to go fishing, and i think it will make a better combo with my large when im at home

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Straus J,
    You pretty much have it.[p]Temps to 800º+
    couple of burgers, maybe 3
    4 or 5 dogs
    Couple of lagre chicken breasts
    Couple of pork chops and a nice steak for two.[p]If you did ribs in groups of 3 or 4 it might work ;>)
    You may be better served if you got a small for 'on the road' stuff. I'm sure a bunch of others will chime in pretty soon.