Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried out Cazzy's wings last night........

Options
LBC Dawg
LBC Dawg Posts: 116
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
marinated them overnight. i also added some garlic to it. and instead of basting them throughout the cook, i reduced the marinade down on the stove and thickened it up to put on the wings the last 10 mins or so. cooked on raised grid, direct. stuffed the sweet peppers with mozzarella and salami, and mozz and capicola. the wings were great.imageimageimage

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    They look great!!  I'll have to add some garlic next time to see what it tastes like.  The peppers look good too...i love the color!  I'll borrow that for sure. :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

One thing about these wings, is the sugar will caramelize so you have to watch your heat.  It doesn't really affect taste tho as it doesn't add a burnt taste. 

How'd you like the sweet & spicy?

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    LBC you did good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    Options

i loved it! that's right up my alley, especially on wings. and i like wings a lil bit on the charred side also, so i usually come up with something sweet to baste them so i get that charred sugar thing working.