Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg first cook

Options
rontho
rontho Posts: 109
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
First off love this forum. Learned alot the last month or so just lurking on this site. I had no reason to sign up since I didnt have an egg. IT WAS DELIVERED THIS MORNING. Started reading about the first cooks, concensus was low and slow, perfect because I had 2 racks of bb backs in the freezer. After it was delivered I went to get some wood chips and rub. Ive been reading about the rubs here but I was in a hurry to start my cook so I just picked one out from the local grocer....dissapointed. So 3 hrs into the cook I called my brother who's had one fior 11 yrs and asked for advice, he said to check it NOW, the meat was pulled off the bone at that time. Told me to wrap in foil for 2 more hrs. Again, I did. When i started to pull them off they started breaking apart....whoolllyy ssshhhhtttttt. ive beel looking for that kind of result for years. I've always been an avid weber guy and the BGE has been too costly until recently. I am so stoked about tomorrow's cook not sure what to attempt. Sorry for the things i've forgot to mention, not that it's nothing you've never heard  before but the beer is getting to me. Can't figure out how to post pix from my android. Any help would be appreciated. Ron  

Comments