Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where do you do your Egging?

Options

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Mine is not as pretty as most of you all's, but it's functional.

Looking the other direction:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    Good looking set up VI!!
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    VI great setup, really like the chickens & garden.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Unbelievable setup VI.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • LOVEtoSMOKE
    Options
    VI, looks like your all set for the apocalypse!!!!  Cool set up
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited March 2012
    Options

This is our set up. Rent house we moved into back in December.

Gotta love that astro-turf!

Egg sits by the fire pit most of the time.

In case of rain, it gets pulled under the patio and watched closely.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BGElovr
    BGElovr Posts: 83
    Options
    Beautiful setup, VI. =D>
  • wolfsburg18
    Options
    Great setup VI.  Where about do you reside?  I wish I could do rain water harvesting but it is illegal where I live.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Thanks folks.

@wolfsburg18.  I live in Houston Texas. I had a fight with the city, but they finally allowed me to use my roof water for potable use.  All of my drinking water, shower, toilet, etc. come from my roof.  It goes through a sediment filter, carbon filter, and a U/V filter before it comes into the house.  The result is a far more pure water than you can buy bottled. We had a severe drought this last year, so I was on city water for much of the time.  The chlorine taste was awful.  But, so far this year, I've used zero gallons from the city.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Gary Sir, you are not going to be able to cook in Salado. You will be busy all weekend expaining to my wife all in you back yard. I thought with just the water system you may be able to work out a couple of hours to cook. Now you are done.....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    edited March 2012
    Options

Gary Sir, you are not going to be able to cook in Salado. You will be busy all weekend expaining to my wife all in you back yard. I thought with just the water system you may be able to work out a couple of hours to cook. Now you are done.....

Now I'm afraid.  I'm VERY afraid.  I have spent most of my life, trying to explain my actions to women, usually with miserable results.  I may come disguised as a black guy.  Everyone will think I'm Travis.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Thanks folks.

@wolfsburg18.  I live in Houston Texas. I had a fight with the city, but they finally allowed me to use my roof water for potable use. 
    Almost all home water on the Big Island Hawaii is done this way.  It was quite interestin.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• hogaholic
    hogaholic Posts: 225
    Options
    VI - you just need a couple of goats back there for milk and keeping the weeds chewed down :-)

Love it.  Well done sir.

Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    VI - you just need a couple of goats back there for milk and keeping the weeds chewed down :-)

Love it.  Well done sir.

Everyone tells me I'm an old goat, but I can't seem to give milk.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    I am getting some great ideas for my remodel, ...........when I do remodel. The vent fan is a great idea hog, and the patio Gato has is just about right. Looks like I need another egg though, I see a medium in the future.
  • smoloney
    smoloney Posts: 30
    Options
    Looking forward to some summertime grillin and chillin with an ice cold Yuengling in hand!
    egg.jpg 116.8K
  • paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    Options
    Here is mine. Tomorrow will bring a new addition. Pics to come.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • hogaholic
    hogaholic Posts: 225
    edited March 2012
    Options
    mikey5874,

I love my hood.  Expensive, yes, but worth it to me by keeping smoke and grease out of my porch

It is a 60", four fan 1200 CFM model made by Vent-a-hood.  It really moves some air and provides great light with 4 halogen bulbs in the front and two spots or warming lights in the back.  So much easier to cook when you can see what you are cooking!!!

It is also fun to watch all the bugs being attracted by those lights getting sucked up by that thing and blown out above my roof. 

If you elect to go with the hood feel free to message me here or give me a call (731) 660-2613.  A couple of things in the install are absolutely critical to ensure top performance. 

Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • paulheels
    Options
    Here is the addition. It's to the right of the patio if you look at previous pic. Got a little work to do filling in after it sets a couple weeks.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Anyone do any outdoor sink setups?  I am trying to come up with a plan to do an outdoor sink so that I don't have to run indoors so many times during a cook.  I have a rough idea of what I want to do...but curious if anyone else has already tried it.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Here is the addition. It's to the right of the patio if you look at previous pic. Got a little work to do filling in after it sets a couple weeks. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Damn man. I am jealous. That is exactly what I am going to do. Been "planning" it for like 3 years!! What did you fill the joints in with? Crush and run?
  • paulheels
    Options
    @chubbs, the way I did it, it's not good for the egg. Natural stones make it fairly unlevel. It's more for enjoying the fire pit and less grass! I filled gaps with Gator Dust. http://www.alliancegator.com/2011/?p=17. It's a polymer crush stone. Similar to polymer sand except bigger. You don't have to mix it with water, but you can. Pretty easy application.
    To make it level, it would have been alot more work. Plus I wanted a more natural uneven area.
    You should just do it. I did all the grass and soil removal with a shovel. Laid screening and leveled. Then laid pavers. Total time was app 6 working hrs. No help, if u could get some buddies you can do it in half away easy
    I am also interested in outdoor sink ideas. I have a spiket, house is on a slab so running a separate line is a no-go

sorry so long!

Paul
  • paulheels
    Options
    @chubbs, you in SC?
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    I am also interested in outdoor sink ideas. I have a spiket, house is on a slab so running a separate line is a no-go sorry so long! Paul
    I am planning an outdoor sink hooked up to an spiket too - no dedicated lines from the house.  I have read that if you are not draining to a normal waste water drain that you need to consider eco-friendly detergents in such an application - which makes sense.  I am hoping that a simple hose type drain will work in my application. 
  • paulheels
    Options
    @joe@bge, yeah. That's what is keeping me from doing it.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    @chubbs, you in SC?

Yeah man. In Columbia.
  • paulheels
    Options
    I'm in Aiken. Carolina Fresh Farma is where I got all my stuff. Think there is one in Lexington. Look at their webaite
  • gooddogjudge
    Options
    Much like my fellow Heels fan, Paul, I too get to choke on smoke when egging!!! I am not in a garage, but on my screen porch for now- fortunately with a vent fan and ceiling fan. We are expecting our first baby in July, so my patio will have to wait. I was planning a flagstone patio with a table for my egg, but I was lucky to have a built in grill on the porch when I bought my house. I am thinking about mounting my egg in the spot of the other grill on the porch and replacing the hood with one that will allow me to raise the dome on my egg. We will see.... Its is my hangout for now at least. You guys think it will work mounted in the brick on the left under a new hood? The ductwork is already there and I never use the grill on the porch so sure would be great to use the space.
    looks like somebody is waiting for a treat!