Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchbaked Cornish Hen

Options
XLentEGG
XLentEGG Posts: 436
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Not really a real spatchcock due to the indirect cook. Salt and pepper on the bottom. Separated some Italian Parmesan dressing. Injected the liquid, used the oily spices for rub. Made the skin finish nice and crispy. BTW That useless adjustable grid clips nicely on top of the 16 inch drip pan. :)image

More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    that's still spatched, and there's no shame in indirect.

'spatched' means splayed open.  '****' means rooster.  your hen is spatch hen, that's all.  in fact, we're probably all cookin spatched hens
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice birds. I like them better than bigger birds.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options
    Have not tried Cornish. Probably quick cook.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    that's still spatched, and there's no shame in indirect.

'spatched' means splayed open.  '****' means rooster.  your hen is spatch hen, that's all.  in fact, we're probably all cookin spatched hens

Those of us that have cocks aren't

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Cornish hens cook well on the Mini:

imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.