Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

If you find Humphrey Charcoal, buy it!!!

jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tried Humphrey charcoal first to cook some steaks.  I started the coals and walked away to give em enough time to heat up.  I came back after a while and the thermometer turned all the way around and read 100 degrees!!!  I've never achieved that high temp before.  In fact, I thoroughly burped the thing and still singed about half the hair off my forearm.  As if the incredibly high temp wasn't enough to make a believer out of you, try low and slow with it.  I smoked a butt overnight at 225 for 19 hours and had an incredible amount of lump left.  I can't express enough how pleased I am with this stuff.  I used to love royal oak, but think I found my new favorite!

Comments