Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new user

Options
bigdogk9
bigdogk9 Posts: 69
edited March 2012 in Root

I have been cooking on my eggs now for 2 years.  Bought one for the house and then one for the office.  Could not figure out how to ask the gentlemen about his pork tenderloin stuffed with cheese so started a new discussion.  How do you get the cheese in the middle?  Is it something the butcher shop does or something you do yourself?  Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments

• JMSetzler
    JMSetzler Posts: 75
    Options
    Have a look on YouTube and search for butterfly or roll cutting of a pork loin.  You cut it and then flatten it out to add your fillings and then roll it back up and tie it off with butcher's twine before cooking...

http://bbq.setzler.net/2011/10/15/stuffed-pork-loin/

Here's one I did recently stuffed with apples, onions, bleu cheese, and a little Maker's Mark... good times were had by all :)
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I was looking at that photo also and it didn't look like there was a side cut. Maybe the end was cut and a rod pushed thru then add cheese or maybe it was injected?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig