Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ohhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Options
travisstrick
travisstrick Posts: 5,002
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Choice filet and U-10 Dry Sea Scallops. I'm about to sear both and pour a whiskey drink(the preger wife is having decaf tea)

Finished pics to follow.

S&W 629
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Well, I, for one, am disgusted and insulted that you would brandish a firearm when posting a picture of a cook. It is further alarming to me that someone in our military would even consider an option of using deadly force in any situation.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    Awesome meal. Awesome firearm. Aint nothing like the boom of a 44. 
    Love me some filets and 44's. I take my Anaconda to the range almost every time I go.

Go ahead, make my day. And while you are at, get off my lawn. 
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Travis, sorry I didn't realize this was an inside joke between you and Village Idiot. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Options
    Nice gun.  Good looking meal.  Guard it well.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • Village Idiot
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well, I, for one, am disgusted and insulted that you would brandish a firearm when posting a picture of a cook. It is further alarming to me that someone in our military would even consider an option of using deadly force in any situation.  
    Yep, don't really see the need to have guns in photos of what is getting cooked.  Maybe I'll start posting photos of sex toys in mine.  If I had any, that is....
    Whiz,

I was kidding with Travis.  This started a long time ago.  It was back on the other forum when it was popular to try to be creative in plating a meal.  Creativity doesn't exist anymore on your forum.  But, anyway, I tried to create a Western ambience, with a cowboy hat, a bottle of tequila, a .357 Magnum next to the steak for a prop.  Then, like jlockhart had his parrot as a prop, it became a prop for me and was expected by a lot of people on the forum.  Recently, I posted a picture, and Mickey commented that he missed the revolver in my pictures, so I published one on the next post.  Travis and a couple of others picked up on it for the fun of it.

I fine it very funny that people on your forum, who profess to be "family oriented" post funnies about nuns having a wild ass, and yet come over here and are appalled that someone posts a photo of a handgun.  I expected more of you, Whiz (actually, in this case, less).

Travis, don't worry about it.  The trolls will go away after awhile.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• MO_Smoke1
    MO_Smoke1 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am not offended by the gun. In fact, enjoyed the picture more because it had two of my favorite things in the pic. I have been eyeing the scallops at the store and thinking about trying them as well.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Yep, don't really see the need to have guns in photos of what is getting cooked.  Maybe I'll start posting photos of sex toys in mine.  If I had any, that is....
    Whiz,

I was kidding with Travis.  This started a long time ago.  It was back on the other forum when it was popular to try to be creative in plating a meal.  Creativity doesn't exist anymore on your forum.  But, anyway, I tried to create a Western ambience, with a cowboy hat, a bottle of tequila, a .357 Magnum next to the steak for a prop.  Then, like JLOCKHART had his parrot as a prop, it became a prop for me and was expected.  Recently, I posted a picture, and Mickey commented that he missed the revolver in my pictures, so I published one on the next post.  Travis and a couple of others picked up on it for the fun of it.

I fine it very funny that people on your forum, who profess to be "family oriented" post funnies about nuns having a wild ass, and yet come over here and are appalled that someone posts a photo of a handgun.  I expected more of you, Whiz.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    VI...
    i don't have an issue with your take on things.  i just find it that there are a couple people here who constantly talk about how much the old forum sucks, and then give direct evidence that they visit there frequently.

why keep tabs on such a useless unoriginal place?

you aren't the only one, which is why i think it is unusual.

if there's no reason to go there, then there's no reason to go there.
    just a thought.

no ire intended.  just pointing out a contradiction.  like yogi bera said "no one goes there any more, it's too crowded."  seems like you are saying "i never go there anymore, because when i check it every day, it's not interesting"
    ;)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Whiz said:  "Yep, don't really see the need to have guns in photos of what is getting cooked.  Maybe I'll start posting photos of sex toys in mine.  If I had any, that is...".=))  But you could only use them as a prop when you are cooking a.......oh, never  mind >:)

VI we need an emotion for tongue-in-cheek:)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Village Idiot
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You've got a point, Stike.  I don't go there often, but I still long for the days when Florida Grilling Girl, Little Steven, Beli, RichardFL, and a few more posted outstanding creations, and so I lurk over there now and then, just as you do over here, hoping for a revival of the old days. I went to the other forum today because I was referencing RichardFL in another thread and I was looking for a thread that he did.  I happened to see the "nun selling her ass" thread.

I never post that the old forum sucks.  I think it has a great purpose, and I am a friend with many of the participants.  I only wished to point out the hypocrisy of some people that allow rather shady circumstances on one forum but profess indignity at much lesser indescretions on the other.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    Options
    There actually is 2 guns, 3 non kitchen knives and a bottle of pills in the pic if anyone REALLY wants to get offended. Gee Whiz guys, chill out. Gary, thanks for keeping it centered. 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    The finished product. 

No guns were used in the photo of this product. Just a pair of tongs.
  • MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174
    Options

Love the surf & turf.  Love the pinned bbl S & W, made before they pooped up the design with all the sintered internal parts.

• Village Idiot
    Options
    The finished product. 

No guns were used in the photo of this product. Just a pair of tongs.

LOL.  Thank Gawd !  Looks good, Travis !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    Looks great, can't wait to post some of mine......now where did I put that........thing.......Never thought of props, but I will keep it clean.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Very nice looking meal Travis, but where the tongs loaded? 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • travisstrick
    Options

Love the surf & turf.  Love the pinned bbl S & W, made before they pooped up the design with all the sintered internal parts.

Good eye. Not many even know there is a difference.   ^:)^
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    Very nice looking meal Travis, but where the tongs loaded? 
    LOL!!
    :))
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • jmsmrdk
    jmsmrdk Posts: 87
    Options
    There actually is 2 guns, 3 non kitchen knives and a bottle of pills in the pic if anyone REALLY wants to get offended. Gee Whiz guys, chill out. Gary, thanks for keeping it centered. 
    looks like a nice pair of costa's too.  Well done, Thank you.  I like guns
  • Bakeman
    Bakeman Posts: 113
    Options
    Nice looking meal, nothing wrong with a little fire power.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Guns spice it up!!! Keep on keeping on!!
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I'm offended that the whiskey drink was excluded from the original post.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options
    Love the guns but I also wondered about the whiskey drink.  Probably hard to take photos with one hand.  Sure hope it was Kentucky bourbon whiskey.
  • Flamethrower
    Options
    Thats why they make Tri pods
    LET'S EAT