Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mold

Options
joejoeshooter
joejoeshooter Posts: 57
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I apologize for this but....

I've not used the egg for about 90 days. I have a pretty good bit of mold build-up. Should I just do a large burn to take care of this? Any other suggestions?

For the record - I used 180 lbs of fuel last year. Just getting ready to get back in it.

Thanks,

JJS

Comments

• galen
    galen Posts: 57
    Options

Aloha

I live right on the water and have lots of mold (anybody want some?)

A simple burn gets rid of any that develops in the Egg.

Clean, quuick and efficient.

Aloha

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    You got it. Let her rip and it will fix its self.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @ Galen- Hawaiian waters are the best in the USA-wish I win the lottery to join you.  I would deal with mold and anything else for the opportunity. And for the OP-just cook it til you kill it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 356
    Options
    bring it to 700 plus degree for about half hour and that will kill and clean your egg
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
  • galen
    galen Posts: 57
    Options

Aloha

Lousubcap:  We have just a little extra room here in Kailua, so come on over.

Almost always good weather and BBQ on the Egg.  Much fun, even the occasional shower the rain is warm.

Usually barefooted when using the Egg so must be careful of the occasional bit of lump that escapes

Just picked up a Joyce Chen Wok.  It comes seasoned but I redid it with olive oil and a mix of sea salt and various island herbs.  Looking forward to cooking with it.

Aloha