Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table is finally done.

Options
cortguitarman
cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Here is my completed table with the concrete counter top.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Looks great!  I love the counter top!  

You must live in a really safe neighborhood.  Sometimes I find myself checking on the egg in my backyard so I couldn't imagine having it visible from the street.  Maybe i'm just paranoid. X_X
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options

Good looking table! I like that concrete countertop.

Maumelle, Arkansas
  • mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    That counter top is awsome
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    The beauty of the egg is that most people look at it, scratch their heads, and say, "What the hell is that?" Or they think I'm overly zealous about Easter. The good thing is that the XL egg and the counter top way close to the same amount. Not easy to run away with.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    Looks awesome, love the slides for the containers on the bottom.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lmao...you make a good point.  I just lol'd thinking about a non-egger confusing it for a giant easter egg. 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    @jbates67, the containers came from Walmart. Slides are just 2x4s with rabbits cut in them. Easy to make with a table saw or router.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • pratt
    pratt Posts: 9
    Options
    Looks great!  I love the counter top!  

You must live in a really safe neighborhood.  Sometimes I find myself checking on the egg in my backyard so I couldn't imagine having it visible from the street.  Maybe i'm just paranoid. X_X

funny you mention this....just tonight I was outside getting the egg up to temp for pizza and my wife said the same thing.  Thought I should roll the egg around the back of the house when we're going to be away for extended absenses...   hmmm, something to think about
  • maxPowers
    maxPowers Posts: 38
    Options
    Looks fantastic!  How did you create the concrete table top?  Did you pour that yourself?
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    @maxPowers I have a buddy who makes them. He does it as a side business. They can be poured in place but they take specialty tools. So far he has made my bar top, egg table and bathroom vanity top. My kitchen will be concrete when I replace my cabinets. They are very cool and can look so different than anything out there. Extremely durable too.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • mustgrill
    mustgrill Posts: 141
    Options
    Very nice. I can't cut a square board. It looks very good.
    Located in Western North Carolina
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I had to take an 8 foot section of my fence down to wheel my XL and table in my back yard. I'd say it's pretty theft proof. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Slightly off topic question. Is the hinge on the egg in the photo stainless? I have a large and my hinge is black. The table looks great. That counter top is very unique and cool looking.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Classic terrazzo.  My house has some of these floors. 

Great looking table.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• cortguitarman
    Options
    @ribnrun the hinge on the XL is stainless. The entire hinge mechanism is different on the XL than the other eggs. Although my dealer told me that the new eggs were all going to have this hinge in the future.

@doc the counter is actually different than Terrazzo. I tiptoed Terrazzo because I didn't know what it was. The concrete was actually mixed with river rock, instead of traditional limestone. The cement is mixed and poured in the form onto a perfectly flat table. The part on the table is actually the top. My buddy has diamond wet grinders that he uses to grind down the top. The grinders actually shear the tops of the river rock off flat giving it the terrazzo look. The cool thing about concrete is that anything can be mixed in. He did one counter that has crushed red glass and Chrome motorcycle sprockets flush with the surface.
    Mark Annville, PA