Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza with a South of the Border Twist

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

Mrs. G went out of town yesterday. If you’ve been following along, you know what that means….diet goes out the window and I play around with food!! Usually something I think she won’t like (like grilled cheese hamburgers) or something she’s nixed in the past like this version of pizza....Mexican Pizza!!

Got the Egg hot

Rolled out the dough and added some taco meat

Some cheese and then onto the egg at 500F, almost done.

Topped it off with lettuce, tomato, jalapenos and some sour cream

How can that not make you happy? First time I've ever had Mexican pizza and it was so good. I will be making this one again.

All the rest of the story and more pictures can be found Here

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Damn Griff. Your cooks are always one of my favorites. That would go down well with my coffee right now...

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    Looks good.....I've done something similar, but I use some taco sauce as the sauce before putting the ground beef on. Thanks for posting...it's a good reminder that I need to make Mexican pizza again soon.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Dang!  I need a slice of that for breakfast!  Definitely gonna do a Mexican Pizza in the near future... love it! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Griffin
    Options
    Looks good.....I've done something similar, but I use some taco sauce as the sauce before putting the ground beef on. Thanks for posting...it's a good reminder that I need to make Mexican pizza again soon.

What do you mean when you say taco sauce? Like salsa?

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Rowlett, Texas

• BigGreenJon
    Options
    That crust looks awesome! 
    Lucky to have a LG Egg My Blog: http://manvsgrill.blogspot.com/
  • Bakeman
    Bakeman Posts: 113
    Options
    Hay griff, what is your secret for getting your wife out of town so often. Let me no please!!!!!!!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options

I bet salsa would work, but in my stores(Colorado), they sell something called taco sauce in jars. It is sort of a barbecue sauce with more chile flavor. It's the same stuff that comes in the packs if you ever get Old Elpaso or Ortega taco dinner kits.
  • Griffin
    Options
    Hay griff, what is your secret for getting your wife out of town so often. Let me no please!!!!!!!

Her job requires her to do some traveling.

I bet salsa would work, but in my stores(Colorado), they sell something called taco sauce in jars. It is sort of a barbecue sauce with more chile flavor. It's the same stuff that comes in the packs if you ever get Old Elpaso or Ortega taco dinner kits.
    I'll look for it next time. Thanks.

Rowlett, Texas