Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cross One Off the Bucket List

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

I'm sure most of you are like me....you have a bucket list of food you want to try or even cook. Well, with Mrs. G out-of-town this week, I was able to cook somethin’ this past Friday that I know she would not be interested in, nor probably allow me to cook. Something I saw awhile back on TV, although I’m not sure who came up with the idea originally. Something that I doubt I will ever cook again, but at least I can say I had one and cross it off my list…..a grilled cheese burger!

The story can be found here: http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/cross-one-off-the-bucket-list/

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Bakeman
    Bakeman Posts: 113
    Options
    Hey griffin, I am doing burgers on Friday I am going to try it, that looks great.!!
  • Griffin
    Options
    It's very filling. 4 pieces of bread and 4 pieces of cheese. I would cut the cheese down to 2 if I were you. I only ate half of that and I'm not a small boy.

Rowlett, Texas

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    They have that in a bar in Columbia,SC- it's called the "Big T". Grilled cheese with bacon on top and bottom with a lb of beef in middle. If you eat two of them and lb of fries your picture is on wall and you get a free bar tab.

Yours looks better than theirs. Nice work. Was your chest hurting this AM???!!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Not sure if this attachment will work but check out some of the burgers on this menu.

T
    HE TRIPLE CORONARY BYPASS
    tm (aka THE SUPER STACK)
    Made with two half-pound Vortex sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two
    fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon and plenty of mayo on the side. With this
    burger we choose your side for you, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo.
    This super-stack is a heart attack waiting to happen. Enjoy!
    (No lettuce, tomato or onion) 26.95

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    Nice job griffin. I always enjoy the pictures with your cooks.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • gooddogjudge
    Options
    They have that in a bar in Columbia,SC- it's called the "Big T". Grilled cheese with bacon on top and bottom with a lb of beef in middle. If you eat two of them and lb of fries your picture is on wall and you get a free bar tab.

Yours looks better than theirs. Nice work. Was your chest hurting this AM???!!!
    Have mercy!  I've lived in Columbia for 32 of my 39 years and I don't know this Big T.  All I know is Big T's barbeque - which is great but I think it may have burned down in the last month.

Where's the bar?
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    The bar is called Henry's and it is on Devine street across from Zas. It is the old bar staff from Jakes that started own bar when Jakes closed.

Are you referring to Big Ts in Beaufort??? That is where I am from.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    We have a local bar that does something very similar to this as well...its 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with a hamburger patty in the middle.  I have a bit of a cholesterol issue, so this ones not on my bucket list.  :(
  • Griffin
    Options

Thank you Gato.

Joe - pretty sure this will be a one time only cook for me.

Rowlett, Texas