Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about table for my new medium egg

Options
wheelerm
wheelerm Posts: 4
edited January 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I am planning to get a medium egg that I will out on my back porch. At first, I was going to get a nest for the egg. However, I am concerned that my two very high energy, strong dogs are going to tip the egg over. Now, I am considering the compact table even though it is so much more expensive. Will this table be more stable than the nest?

Thanks

Comments

• wolfsburg18
    Options
    If you have the time, enjoy a nice project build your own or a the wooden nest that someone has displayed before.   I would believe your dogs would be able to knock over the standard nest no problems, especially if they are big or jump.

Depending on your skills you could build a simple table for about 100 bucks and in one afternoon depending on the detail you put into it. 

Good luck
  • mwraulst
    mwraulst Posts: 131
    Options
    you can build it for less than that. I just built one into my kitchen porch. It sits about 10 ft off the ground mounted to the house and it set me back 85 dollars. Do yourself a favor and build one. If you don't have tools, pick up a drill and a powersaw at a local pawn shop, super easy and super simple. BGE even has plans online for everysize.