Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FORUM FORMAT (try saying that 7 times fast!)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have REALLY ENJOYED my BGE and the FORUM since Y2K--even though I haven't posted very often(I still consider myself a novice at EGG Cookery compared to most of you)--I read it regularly. [p]AND... Since the ALTERNATE UNIVERSE is in the process, I thought I would seek your thoughts on a slightly different presentation than seen on either current or future forum... [p]Please look at the format used at http://mb9.scout.com/fgavsvfrm17[p]I like the way that replies to an original post are 1) in chronological order, and 2) can be read on one page (at least to a certain extent--real long ones go to multiple pages)and 3) the alternate background shades.[p]I think these would help the BGE Forum. What do you think?
[ul][li]http://mb9.scout.com/fgavsvfrm17[/ul]

Comments

1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    T-Bone,
    Ewww! Sorry, I would never read a forum like that. Sorry.

• Unknown
    Options
    T-Bone,
    Hey--you can either look at the whole thing, or go straight to the one you want to read! Cool!

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    T-Bone,[p]I like it myself. But at a risk of being negative, suggestions for changes to the BGE forum have never been received well. Some members will make comments but this thread will be deleted at the time of archiving.[p]
  • Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    Boccie,[p]I guess that reads no suggestions are considered, not what I meant. I was mostly thinking of the login to post discussions we've had so many times and gotten shot down in flames.[p]I see the alternate universe will have a system to still allow unregistered posters, but those that register will get the full benefits of the forum. Whoever came up with that hit the nail on the head. It settles both issues, minimizing spam (using the security code) and still letting visitors to post.[p]I still like the layout you posted. You can read the whole thread at one time.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Boccie,
    That format looks good to me too. We can add options, etc., for such formats.
    Though, I didn't see any pictures, links, or other embedded html in any of the posts I reviewed. Our members like those features; and, they do have some impact on the layout at times. But, I'm sure we can get very close.[p]WMK