Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Pot Pie

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

Was rooting around in the fridge yesterday, trying to come up with something for dinner when I spotted the leftovers from the spatchcock chicken we did the other night. [url=http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=22794]Details for that here[/url] Ok, we had the meat, now what to do with it. Chicken pot pie sounded good. I don't have the details as Mrs. G took over this cook (maybe I should have her write it up), but man was it good. I had a long day at work and wasn't feeling that great, so while I wanted to bake it on the Egg, I went the lazy route and threw it in that electric box in the kitchen. Gasp! :shock:  I know, it should have gone on the Egg...

Even though it wasn't done on the Egg, it was still a winner, winner chicken dinner.

All the rest of the info http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/chicken-pot-pie/

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    looks good. 
    My wife made a pot pie with left over chicken I had roasted on the egg and the pie got a nice touch of the smokiness. It was a very pleasant surprise.  Turkey potpies are one of my favorite uses of left over bird.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • hogaholic
    hogaholic Posts: 225
    Options
    That looks fantastic. Where's my portion????
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    Alright - archaic thread revival here...

Griffin.... where's Mrs. G's recipe?
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Oh crap! Called me out. #-o

How did you dig up that one? I can try and ask her....again, but I don't know if it will do any good. She kept putting it off over and over until I just plain forgot about it. Hell, for all I know she doesn't have a recipe for it and just wings it. Maybe I can ask her to make it again and take notes.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    Surprised you on that one huh?

Some people (not many) know how to use a search function - so instead of asking, "anybody have a chicken pot pie recipe?" I just searched for it.  
    =))

I've got a bunch of left over turkey meat that I wanted to make up into a pie, good luck with the procrastinating Mrs.... I've got one of those too and know how it is ;)
    [Insert clever signature line here]