Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any fish recipes/ ideas?

Options
bigearl
bigearl Posts: 25
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
New egghead here- wanna do fish- any suggestions/ recipes?
huh?

Comments

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Grilled Salmon

Salmon fillet
    Olive Oil
    Kosher Salt
    Fresh Ground Pepper

Setup grill for direct cook
    Drizzle oil on fish and rub to coat
    Sprinkle with Salt and pepper 

Place directly on hot grill, I like my Salmon med rare
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • MuttaJ
    MuttaJ Posts: 9
    Options
    Dont know where you are, but if you have fresh redfish available here's a good one:

When cleaning the redfish, be sure to leave scales on...you'll see why shortly.

After fish are cleaned, take whole fresh garlic cloves and fresh jalapeno peppers-cut peppers in half and remove some of the seeds if you dont like your food too spicy. I usually leave about 1/2 of the seeds in the peppers. Clean garlic cloves. Next place whole garlic cloves and peppers in food processor until you get them finely chopped. Take this and mix in soft butter until you have a nice paste--Spread this paste all over the fish, meat side of course, none on scale side.

When your temp gets to ~400 or so, place fish scale side down directly on hot grill. Cook until meat begins to firm. You will notice that the paste will boil on fish...this is what you want.
    The reason you leave scales on is that it keeps all the melted goodness on the fish rather than drip through on the lump.

Serve directly on plate with scales still on!

Trust me, this sounds too simple to be good--but you'll be shocked as to how good this really is.
    Large BGE
    Memphis transplant by way of New Orleans. Who Dat.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Mahi - Mahi is very good. Cooked at about 350 and high in dome. Have Butt Rubs Jubilee on it with lemon.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.