Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Over night cook

Canesfan
Canesfan Posts: 4
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

Getting ready for a overnighter, 9lb butt, rub applied last night. This will be my 8th over night cook, this so much fun always look forward to the end results. Hope to post some pictures later.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Comments

• Game on!!! Looking at 20 hours
  • Doing my first (two) Boston butts tonight although I am cheating. My brother in law (the guy who convinced me to get an Egg) is in town so the training is excellent.

We have had a lot of bourbon and a lot of beer and cannot wait to taste this pork.

We made some awesome chicken wings to get the evening started and I am amazed with every new meal on this bad boy.
  • Game on!!! Looking at 20 hours
    Good luck - I'm sure it will be great. 

I like to cook buts at 250, but when it hits the plateau I found that cranking it up to 300 accelerates the process and the meat is still delicious.  By that point in the cook the bark (outside of the meat) is typically where I want it so I wrap the meat in foil to preserve the bark where I like it.

Everybody has their own little twists which is what makes cooking fun.

Let us know how it tastes

Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)