Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter w/o cooking stone

meisnermojo
meisnermojo Posts: 1
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Can I use the plate setter to cook small pizza and/or quasadillas?  Or, do I need the cooking stone?  Thanks.

Comments

• I have used my plate setter for 6 years to cook pizzas, quesadillas and bread...my better half just bought me a pizza stone.  The good thing about a pizza stone you can remove it from the grill with ease and thick gloves of course.

Reed- Springhill, Louisiana
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    I just use a thin pizza stone resting on the PS and it works just fine.
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Sounds like forty-crk has made it work.  I have never tried it,  but I'd think the stone would be too hot, burning the crust before the cheese get bubbly.  Give it a shot and see how it works.  Pizza stone is not a huge chunk of change, but it might wrk well.  Let us know.
  • ATX
    ATX Posts: 98
    I've never used a pizza stone and have had my Egg almost 6yrs. Keep your temp at about 450, your platesetter legs down (of course)  & that should suffice all your pizza needs. I make my dough thin crust from scratch and it takes about 15-20 min a pie depending on the amount of toppings/cheese. Key is to not burn your crust ergo low temp.
    Saludos de Austin,
    A