Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Lamb Chop help please!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy. Workin my butt off on the computer, so I thought I would treat myself to a nice lunch! Picked up a monkfish filet I will put a cajun seasoning on, and grill. [p]Also snagged some lamb "shoulder blade chops", which were less expensive that the other lamb chops (half as much). I figured I would be able to do some magic on them. They look fattier that the other chops. Maybe 1 inch thick, and they have a bone.[p]Seasoning cooking ideas????
If I don't hear anything, I am gonna slather it with mustard and coat with JJs rub! Grill at 350 til done.[p]Thanks yall.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Try rubbing with rosemary and dust with garlic powder. I like to do them on high temp 500* about 2 minutes per side and shut down for another 2 minutes. They taste best when done medium. Also, mint jelly goes great with lamb.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    JJ,
    Thanks sir. I remember my mom always serving mint jelly with leg-o-lamb. Don't have any now...I think I still might be able to force that lamb down!![p]I remember it was either rosemary or thyme that was good with lamb. I just got some good spain cracked rosemary from penzeys. My stomach is growling...I am on my way! [p]So you think those slightly fatty chops will cook up nice with the high temps?? Maybe I will do the monkfish right next to the chop.[p]Surf and turf....or is it Baaaaa and Splash.[p]Preeeeciate it.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I like those sholder chops. Seems that the fat does wonders with the taste. The monk fish will do nicely next to the lamb.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    JJ,
    Cool. I'm gonna go fire up junior now, and get down to real business! Thanks again.[p]Best to Kathy
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Unknown
    Options
    JJ,
    The chops were eggcellent! I put a thin coat of mustard (love that crust), and a bunch of rosemary and some garlic salt. Sprinkled on a little of this Rogan Josh seasoning that is used on lamb in Indian dishes. (couldn't really taste the rogan josh, I'll try more another time. But the rosemary came thru strong, and complimented the slight gamey taste of the lamb perfectly. Man, there was a little piece of meat tucked away in a cavity in the bone that melted in my mouth instantly. The rest of the chop was nearly as tender. WOW![p]Cooked the monkfish (also mustard slathered, but with Penzey's cajun seasoning sprinkled on heavy) tight next to the lambchops. [p]Still learning about junior, and since the coals are much closer, I went with 400 for 3-3-3. They were great, but could have used a tad more sear...like you said 500 would have been better. Sometimes junior suprises me how much more it sears, and I guess I was being overly careful.[p]Back to work...with a full belly!
    NB