Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Cookbook Surprise

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Really two surprises. First, in hardcover, Bon Appetit 2000 has a large number of recipes geared towards outdoor cooking/grilling that would adapt nicely on our Egg. Makes me hungry just to sit and flip through that book anyway. I've made many dishes from past Bon Appetit annuals and never been disappointed yet. Then I had to smile when I opened this month's regular Bon Appetit and saw on the cover "BARBECUE." The whole issue is dedicated to outdoor delights (once you get past the Weber grill ads). Some good reading!

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    mollyShark,
    Okay! When are you going to start trying all of the receipts in BA? Let me know and I'll be on a plane for a visit. Hope all is well and you are not working too hard.[p]Carey

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    mollyShark,
    I have been extracting good looking recipes from BA into Mastercook since 1977, well over 2,000. Many of the roast and grill dishes work well if you substitute "Preheat the BGE to..." for "Preheat the oven to...".
    JimW

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    JimW, you nailed that one down with a sledge hammer..I agree! The internet is a endless supply of varieties..its the technique applied that is the subtle mystery!
    C~W