Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LawnRanger is making a new gridlifter

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
Just saw a prototype picture of the best Christmas present ever.
Just talked with Mike and he is doing a limited run 10th Anniversary Gridlifter.
Mike told me he was only going to do the Gridlifter, have mine ordered for Christmas.
The blades are chrome-electroplated and real nice looking. Mike sent me a couple of pictures of the prototype and I still can't figure oout how to post a picture on this forum. 
If you don’t have Mikes address it is: Gridlifter AT yahoo.com
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Says photo has been moved or deleted. To post pic just right click it in your photobucket account and copy and paste it on your desk top and then click the attach a file right above post comments and browse your desktop and click the file.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Thanks, will try it

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Like to see it in action ... I can't see how this one works?
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Mickey
    Options
    This is just a pic with it pushed in the egg. It is used to lift the grate and not pushed in as far. Just the only pic I have.

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I use an old gardening hand "shovel"  and bent into an L  (the shovel you would use to plant flower bulbs.)  I stick the little L bend in the grate and lift - similar to this design.  Either that, or I just grab the grate with my welders gloves... (I used to be a welder back in the late 70's early 80's and this was the last pair I had when I went to school for "electronics".. guess what I do today... :)   sometimes I use them to move [burning] wood in the fireplace. They last a very long time.