Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin - Thinking of a Honey Drizzled on Top

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
edited November 2011 in Pork
I bought a 12 lb pork loin, cut into 3 pcs, did an EVOO and garlic rub, put in zip-loc and froze. Thawing now for this weekend and I'm thinking of drizzling some honey over the top when I put on the BGE. Thinking about 275° until core get to 150°. Thought??? 

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• banzaitoyota
    Options
    Put honey on during last hour of coook so that you don't over carmelizw it and turn to char
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I'm thinking 150* is too high

Honey is a personal preference, and for my tastes I don't really care for honey on pork.  I'd lean more toward a savory glaze - maybe a dijon based emulsion - as a finish.
  • bigguy136
    Options

Fidel, I'm all ears.

What core temp? I'm making this for my parents (in their 80's) so I don't want anything too spicy. What glaze would you use (savory has horseradish and dijon is a spicy mustard)?

Thanks

Big Lake, Minnesota

• bigguy136
    edited November 2011
    Options

I put the loin on last weekend at ~300°. The last 30 minutes, I drizzled some honey on it. I pulled it with a core temp of 142° and let rest for 30 minutes. My parents loved it.

Big Lake, Minnesota