Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Side Burner for BGE

Options
Ham and Egg
Ham and Egg Posts: 28
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum

Yesterday while cleaning out my shed for winter, I found an old treasure.  Turns out, I thought of a handy way to put it back into use!  Works just as it always did and solves the question of how to cook daytime burgers while going low and slow on the BGE.

The Hibachi!  Anyone else using a Hibachi?

Comments

• Bumm39
    Bumm39 Posts: 60
    Options

LOL thats Great!!!

• paulheels
    Options
    Nice, I need one of those!

thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options

Have one, but hasn't been used in a long time.

What I do use is a small kettle type with dome lid and folding legs that keep it high enough off a wooden table to be safe. Were on sale at a grocery store 'end of season' for $7 a piece ... I bought 3  Looks like a mini-Weber but is made in China (sorry) Works great on a windy beach ...

:D
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Ham and Egg
    Ham and Egg Posts: 28
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thanks for your comments!  I need to get a proper funnel to light it up faster - steel can with both ends cut out would do the job (could get something fancy later I suppose).  The thing I like most about the Hibachi is it builds up a very nice bed of coals without torching my food. 

Anyway - we'll see how it works out long term...