Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice on first attempt of a Boneless Leg of Lamb

Options
texves
texves Posts: 17
edited September 2011 in EGGtoberfest
I've got a 4 pounder and I haven't a clue.  Any tips from those who have done this (i.e. seasoning, time & temp)?

Comments

• Flashback Bob
    Options

I did a delicious one (albeit smaller) on my mini.  2.5 lb boneless LOL, 400, indirect 1:15- 1:20, pulled it off at 125 internal and let it rest for 10 min. much was still rare.

stuffed it with a mix of (previously cooked, but now cold) spinach, minced garlic (from a jar), fresh mint, and Feta.  there was  recipe on the old site for, I think it was, Mediterranean Pork and this was a modification to that.

Unwrapped the lamb, filled it with the stuffing, rolled it up and tied it with butcher's twine.  slid sprigs of rosemary under the twine and left it in the fridge overnight. (Cooked it on the grill at work the next day -  another advantage to having a mini)image