Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Standing rib roast help

Options
Eggstatic
Eggstatic Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have suggestions or recipes for a bone in prime rib(standing rib roast) I think these babies are beautiful and impressive but i havnt used my medium egg to do one. Thanks eggers

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    prime2.jpg
    <p />EGGSTATIC,[p]Here's how I do mine. MadMax will probably also respond - he's got a good tutorial as well.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    [ul][li]Prime Rib[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    EGGSTATIC,
    here's the link to how i do mine. .. either way (this one or trex), you can't go wrong. .. its a very forgiving hunk of meat so as you don't overcook it. .. .

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxprimerib.htm[/ul]
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    EGGSTATIC, And then there is my way, which is the same way I do a Tri-tip. I first spice and garlic the meat, then set the Egg to 250 dome. I let the roast cook till it reaches about 125, then I remove it for about 15 minutes, during that time I let the Egg come up to sear temps. I then sear the roast to my taste, then rest before slicing. Everybody has a different way or style.

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    TRex,
    What ever happened to Joel Ferman any how. Last I remeber he was getting out of school and had a new Girlfriend.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    0e844d65.jpg
    <p />EGGSTATIC,
    i cooked this one at about 275 until the temp was about 127 on the inside, brought the grill up to about 6 or 700 degrees and seared it. the meat was resting on the counter while i brought the egg up to searing temps. usually i trex them with the sear first and a low 300 to 325 roast temp on a raised grill derect. the first method gives a more uniform interior, but i like the taste of the exterior better with the trex method. this is a 2 bone piece, larger roasts would be taken to a lower internal, say 123. cowlick for a rub, or sea salt pepper and oil with occasionally rosemary and oregano added
    2005234729.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    tach18k,
    Your method is exactly the way I cooked mine on Sunday.[p]It was perfect--nice all the way through.[p]Trouble