Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some help on my baby backs please?

Options
GaWahoo
GaWahoo Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have 8-10 lbs of baby backs to go on the egg tomorrow that I plan to take on vacation next weekend. I'm curious about two things:[p]1) I usually put a little sauce on the ribs for the last 15-20 minutes on the egg. Since these won't be eaten immediately and will be doing some travelling in a cooler next Saturday, should I wait and sauce the ribs before I serve them next week? The egg will regrettably not make the trip so I'd have to do this in an oven, and I'm not sure if the oven will be big enough or properly equipped to handle it. Should I sauce them tomorrow just to be done with it? If I do sauce them, how should I wrap and store them over the next week?[p]2) Anything I should remember as I freeze them (and perhaps a stupid question, should I freeze them?)?[p]Thanks in advance, as my long-suffering wife and my in-laws (nice people) will appreciate it. And I will too, of course.[p]Fitz

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    GaWahoo,
    Now is the time to invest in a Food Saver! Vacuum pack the little devils freeze them if you feel you must and when it's time to eat keep them in the food Saver and toss them in boiling water for a few minutes. Best I can offer at the moment.

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    GaWahoo, Holding on to those for a weeks seems extreme. Vac seal and freeze no sauce, defrost and grill and sauce them the eating day.

• Charles in SC
    Charles in SC Posts: 142
    Options
    GaWahoo,
    I would wrap them in saran type film,freeze them, and sauce them when you heat them up. Cut them in half if you need to to get them in the oven at heatup.