Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's with all the advertisement posts?

2»

Comments

• Wow you have no respect for anyone. To say something like that to a woman it shows what kind of person you really are. You should be BAN for that comment. No matter what a lady is a lady and you show respect to all woman. With all the contributions that Florida Grillin Girl has done threw out the years you should truly be ashamed of your self Salty Hogs.

Pork Butt Mike
    Not ashamed at all. She stuck her nose in this by attacking me and I returned the favor. Once again, you people defend the person who did the first attack. I understand you guys are Internet pals though. Still, I find it funny I'm the bad guy and I didn't fire the first shot.

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Ok, that's enough! What kind of man refers to a woman like that? Please stop. Arguing is one thing, but at least have some respect for yourself, Salty Hog.
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Salty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited August 2011
    Like I said, I will stop as long as the attacks against me stop. Stike, Mike, and Florida girl took shots first at me, yet the people who never post at the new forum come here to attack me for defending myself.

Horn, I would respect your opinion if you said, Florida girl was wrong to attack you in the first place, but you shouldn't of called her that. I would of agreed with you. Since you gave her and the others a pass, who attacked first, but called me out, you must realize why I don't respect your opinion on it.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I post on both forums and wish you would leave. You've cooked a burger and think you represent something. I have never met anyone else posting in this thread so I am not vested in any way except to see new cooks and maybe learn something. You have contributed nothing. Stike got me interested in dry aging meat myself and has influenced many others and helped many others. All you do is **** salty.
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    edited August 2011
    Yawn, Lit.  You post mostly at the old forum, which is your right, but you want to be in the good graces of the people over there so you pile on.  That is fine.  As I said, no mention of the fact that my first post in this thread was not controversial and I got attacked first.  I responded and then a few of the old guard from the other site came here to attack me (first).  Like Honk, you have no credibility.  You could of easily said, the others should not have went personal with you first, but you were wrong also.  By singling me out, it screams motive.

I gave more advice than just posting about a burger.  Regardless, it is more than all the people who have attacked me on this thread have (on the NEW forum).

You don't have to wish I would leave the old site.  I have no plans to post there.  Easy solution.
    Lit, from reading your posting history here, your last comment before the last one was basically saying adios to this site. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Quit typing and go cook something. There are many ways to light the egg. If you need some tips go to Greeneggers.com.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Salty Dog, thanks for changing your wording. That's all I was concerned about. Now back to the show!
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    edited August 2011
    Quit typing and go cook something. There are many ways to light the egg. If you need some tips go to Greeneggers.com.
    See. You will fit in really well there.  You know they want people to advertise that site here (elsewhere--per their more prominent members AND the owners of that site) and you have done it numerous times.  Why?  Because you want to be accepted there.  I understand why some people would want that.

Boring cook for dinner.  I cooked some BBQ chicken breasts tonight (Kroger had them cheap this week).  Raised grid, indirect, 400-425 (I like to cook my chicken with high temps), skin side down for 80% of the cook, smoked with some pecan chunks, Plowboy's Yardbird Rub, and finished with some Blues Hog Original sauce.  Turned out pretty good and the skin wasn't like rubber which is the key (at least for me).  Juicy, which is always the case on the Egg.  Sorry no pics, but now you guys can say it never happened.
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    WOW! I go out to a party and come back and see all this has gone down. The funny thing is that everyone was so busy snipping at each other, no one noticed that it seems the spamming has stopped.

I am on both boards, but mostly lurk over there (always have) and post over here. I post over here because I feel I can be helpful and try to give the new forum my support. My support isn't needed at the old forum.

The reason I mostly lurk over there is that there are a bunch of people with a whole lot of talent and knowledge that seem to be pretty tight with one another. By the time I look at a thread the answer has already been given and there is not much more I can contribute. I also felt a bit intimidated by those same folks because they all have all that knowledge and have know each other for years, so I feel like an outsider. That said they were always nice and had amazing cooks and provided inspiration. They are a large part of the reason I bought a BGE over a Primo.

I respect the hell outta Stike, so I don't agree with Salty's approach but I have a feeling for where he is coming from.

I am no eggspert, I don't claim to be. I have answered some cooking questions and posted a few cooks, but nothing compared to some of the people here. I would love to cook more and take pics to post if I could, but I have three kids 4 and under and work 60 hours a week on a night shift. But, no one likes to here they are not good enough and that's what it sound like sometimes. There are problems on this forum for sure, but it's new. I give criticism and suggestions on aspects of this site, but not at the expense of others

"Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Salty Hog wrote:
    Not ashamed at all. She stuck her nose in this by attacking me and I returned the favor. Once again, you people defend the person who did the first attack. I understand you guys are Internet pals though. Still, I find it funny I'm the bad guy and I didn't fire the first shot.

You say we did first attack, you should think before you write. Go to the top and look how you and VI started the attack.
    Salty Wrote:
    It appears that someone (or some people) from some other forum is trying to sabotage this forum, because they are afraid it will succeed.

So don't pass the buck and own up to your mistake. Then you start calling people names. You started this so don't try to turn it around Salty. So let's see if you can understand this again I will try to explain it to you. If you don't understand this then I will even call you and talk real slow so you will understand.

The spamming is coming from computer generator bots that go to forums and E Mail addresses that spam you. This was not done by anyone from any other forum. Thats about as lame I can explain it to you. Is that slow enough. The post tell the truth, I see you like passing the buck real fast. So slow down and start at the beginning and see who attack first. This is a BBQ forum, so let it be one. All you guys had to do was to ignore the spamming and let the right people handle it instead of bashing others from the (other forum) and calling them names. For calling a lady a name like you did last night was on called for, so do I have respect for you HELL NO. Thats a low thing to say, oh yeah you took it off now so you don't get ban, to late in my book for what you said. Big man hiding behind a key board.
    So come on in again and start calling names again. Show how immature you are.

Lets get together at a fest real soon. Will see who the S_u_ is then.

Pork Butt Mike
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    edited August 2011
    Porkbutt, I will be at Eggtoberfest if you want to meet up since you asked to meet up.
  • Oh, by the way, I never said what you quoted. That was VI. Now I agreed that someone could do that because they can. However, I said it was more likely because the admins here have a low security setting and need to raise it. I even gave an example.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I would hope that these are computer programs that post these.  If people actually spend their own time doing this I really hope they don't expect people to actually click their links and order their products.  LOL.  Morons. 
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    NC-CDN i agree with you 1000%

it is entertaining tho :D

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    It's good to see Stike back!  I, for one, have learned much from him.

fc
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 673
    edited August 2011

To stay on topic with the asswhuppers and random marketing solicitations, may I highly recommend picking up this CD.  It's the real guy before all the imposters (Roy D Mercer, Jerky Boys, etc).  Classic stuff, hilarious and very quotable.  First heard it decades ago and still quote it all the time. 

http://www.dualtonerecords.net/store/product-info.php?pid119.html

also at:  http://www.amazon.com/Real-Leroy-Mercer-John-Bean/dp/B000056IIG

fun video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLBGpbSSC3g

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Good to see Stike back.
  • jbenny
    jbenny Posts: 147
    First thread without spammers.  Great Success
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Stike good to see you post again. You are one of the most entertaining
    forum members ever. I hope you stick around. And you have a lot of good
    advice =))
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited September 2011
    "tough behind a keyboard?"

Correct me if i am wrong but you sound like you are telling me you are a tough guy in real life, while I'm obviously a pansy hiding behind a keyboard. And you tell me this  while typing on your keyboard. Anonymously.

I'm guessing you were 'awesome' at football in highschool. 

Quit flexing muscles and cook something or answer a question

Because all i see is a guy saying he's never been on the 'other forum', never read the other forum, doesn't know anyone on the other forum, and yet is convinced he and the new forum are being besieged by old timers bent on destroying the new forum

The whining is what is destroying it

Where's VI anyway?
    He was all set to be the guru here

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  •  Where's VI anyway?
    He was all set to be the guru here

You love to fight, Stike, and I don't.  So, whatever point you're trying to get across, I agree with you.  I apologize if I offended you.  

I am just happy that you are visiting this forum, and hope that you make it your home.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• boston_stoker
    boston_stoker Posts: 794
    edited December 2011
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited September 2011
    Good point !  I hope you make this forum your home too.  B.S.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• boston_stoker
    boston_stoker Posts: 794
    edited December 2011