Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum List versus Egghead Forum ?

boston_stoker
boston_stoker Posts: 794
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2011
    I have mentioned this to them already, so they should be aware of it.  Forum List, Cookbook and Health, should be just titles of categories and not actual categories themselves.  "Latest Posts" doesn't show up as a candidate for a category when you post, so obviously there is no reason why the other three should. Hopefully, they will fix this.
    The Naked Whiz
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    I've posted this problem too in the "Forum Feedback" forum.  That needs to be fixed.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I've posted about this also.  More alarming to me is the ability to start discussions and comment on posts and recipes in the cookbook, which should be reserved for posting recipes only.  Wading through ("how many ribs can I get on my XL" type posts when looking for Pork recipes is maddening.  Can you imagine what it wil be like after a year or so of that - forget trying to find a true recipe !

Either the admins cannot or will not make an effort to fix this - not sure why!!!
  • It would be nice if the admins would make an attempt to draw up a list of changes that they intend to make and those which they cannot make.  It would also be nice if the admins would post when they make changes rather than make us all have to notice them and then try them out.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658

Whiz... I don't necessarily disagree with you... However, as an admin, I can tell you that over the past 10+ years many e-mails about updates have either never been read or the reply is simply, Huh?  I think most of us are at least a little geeky so I would like to know what is happening, but maybe their experience has been the same and they have chosen to let the changes be noticed instead of saying "look what we have done!"

I don't really know... could be darn near any reason.  I am with you though... a little communication would be a wonderful thing.

Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • boston_stoker
    edited December 2011
  • Boston_stoker, well, the communication issue has been beaten to death and it is what it is.  I'm baffled too, but there you go. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • boston_stoker
    edited December 2011