Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Beef Roast

Ky Kernel EggHeadKy Kernel EggHead Posts: 18
edited August 2011 in Forum List

Looking for a good receipe to smoke any kind of beef roast on the BGE. Excluding brisket. Any help is appreciated.

Still Eggin in Ky.    :-)

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    this one takes a dutch oven looks pretty good to me

http://www.eggheadforum.com/discussion/1134436/dutch-oven-pot-roast#Item_1

but if i were making one today i would go here

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/07/pepper-beef.html

put some of that on a hoagie roll and go to town!!!!

happy eggin
    tb

Anderson S.C.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Have you tried to "Search"?
    Over on the right side of the page, at the top.
    "Beef Roast" produces several good hits!
  • Tried the BGE forum and didn't see anything I wanted to try.

Thanks Bente for the referral to playingwithfireandsmoke. I found a couple of receipes I'm going to try.

BGE family is always willing to help out. Let's keep on helping our brethen.

Still Eggin in Ky I am,

CroMag  :-)

• Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 656
    edited August 2011

I usually just get a whole chuck roast... about 20 to 25 pounds, sometime more, but smaller can work too.  The last time I did this I used about a 5lb chuck roast since I was also doing a pork butt and sausage.

I liberally season with salt & pepper, a Little cayenne if you like heat.  Any rub will do.

Smoke it at 225 until it is 170 and I like hickory or pecan for this.

double wrap in aluminum foil

return it to the smoker until it is 205

rest in a cooler with towels until time to pull

This makes the most delicious pulled beef and is always a favorite.  If you are looking for something more like a traditional pot roast then I would say the D O recipe from Grandpas grub looks about as good as it can get.  For me, I like the pulled beef with a little horseradish sauce or Big Bob Gibson's style sauce, a few onion slivers, and a fresh bun.  One of my favorites.

Here is a photo of my Texas Clod sammich.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.image

Where abouts in KY?

Juju

Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com