Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Like the new layout

2»

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    @Egg Juju. I understand your point. In another post TNW talked about having the newest post flow to the top and maybe that would be of help in this linear view. For now anyway all the scrolling trying to find a post is just too much work and way too time consuming. In the original forum, classic view, I could highlight a user name, topic or word and find any post within a few seconds per page. Over here, if all the traffic were here, it would take hours if even at all possible to do the same thing.

Someone asks a question, response given and hours later a follow up clarification or related question. It is very likely that back and forth may never be found without spending a lot of time looking.

I think I know how this all will evolve but time will tell. I would think there will always be plenty of folks wanting to jump in and help.
  • I love also the new layout. Very, very big improvement.

I know a lot of guys that haven´t joined the eggheadforum due to the bad layout...

I think there is now a big chance to get new members with this layout.

It´s way to go !
    Thank you and enjoy Egging!

Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • I love also the new layout. Very, very big improvement.

I know a lot of guys that haven´t joined the eggheadforum due to the bad layout...

I think there is now a big chance to get new members with this layout.

It´s way to go !
    Of course, had they chosen a more appropriate platform, they could be getting new members along with the Original Members. Oh well.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    There needs to be more effort spent on getting things working and less time grabbing the 'sound bites'. It's getting too much like sales fluff and tooting the horn too soon.

. Very, very big improvements - I respect the opinion, but the structure and performance as well as the responses don't live up to the claim.

. unless eggsimon is part of BGE he would have absolutely no idea who did or didn't join the Original Forum or this forum due to any reason. If he is affiliated with corporate then the entire post is bogus.

Further this linear view isn't even close to providing the information available in the Original Forum's flat view. ie: # hits, #replies, #post count, picture icon, on and on.

. big chance to get new members with this layout - use Flat View in the Original Forum - more meat to the bite.

Also, spend a little more time talking on what's being worked on and what needs to be added soon and later.

GG
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i laugh everytime some says it is work to click a mouse and scroll.. if ya'll keep this up i will start crying from laughter....

it is a mouse it is not that much effort to use :-))

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2011
    Try saying that when the discusion has grown to 9 or 10 screens and you have 30 discussions to get through. I laugh equally as hard when they say it is hard to click on posts. Seems like a wash to me.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • BENTE
    yea i know clicking the mouse is difficult also i forgot to say that earlier

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I've heard of people permanently crippled by mice, ya know....
    The Naked Whiz
  • BENTE
    yea my mom used to jump up on a chair when she seen a mouse. i guess if you fell you could come down with a case of the cripples

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BullyC
    BullyC Posts: 142
    I Hate this New Forum, will if ever get back on. always gotta change for the worse
    BullyC
  • BullyC
    BullyC Posts: 142
    MY words might have been drasatic, so I apologize, Just not use to this.
    One thing, it would be nice to get feedback from different people sometime.
    Other Forum was half advice and just a chat room for the same people who are always on the forum 24-7 BullyC
  • Change just for change sake is not a good thing. Without scanning back thru this entire list of posts I'll bet you can't even tell to whom I am responding. What a mess.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • Indeed. So many better choices available.... Oh well, I wouldn't want to be called an old fart with no life and pathetic. Time to join the Stepford Eggers, I guess... :-))
    The Naked Whiz
  • olddog
    olddog Posts: 1
    I'm an old time user that had just about quit using the forum because of the old format.  Spent too much time getting "next" post in a thread, only to have it be something like "LOL".  I like loading the whole thread all at once much better.  The new format may not be perfect, yet, but it is better.

Thumbs up!

• Apparently you never tried 'Flat View" on the Original Forum.  It would have given you exactly what you are asking for.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • I'm an old time user that had just about quit using the forum because of the old format.  Spent too much time getting "next" post in a thread, only to have it be something like "LOL".  I like loading the whole thread all at once much better.  The new format may not be perfect, yet, but it is better.

Thumbs up!

I agree. It is so much better. It needs improving, but it is still better than the old way in my opinion. Plus we have new people coming with different perspectives.