Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hey Woo, remember when....

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
tomatoes,%20pork,%20grills.jpg
<p />I made that home made sauce and meatball last year? Well, I think I am going to make it again Saturday. This time I'll note everything and post the recipe. The price of tomatoes has dropped a bit, so I think I can get my hands on 40 or so of them to make me plenty of sauce.

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    sauce.jpg
    <p />egghead2004,[p]Funny you bring that up this morning....
    We just so happened to thaw one of our last containers of "smoked tomato sauce 2004" for last night's dinner... and it was still really really really good.
    Hey, no problems here with a wife and smokey foods. heee![p]Two levels of garden tomatoes under rib tips.
    3levels.jpg[p]
    smokedmaters.jpg[p]Let us know how you do it and how it turns out.
    John

• egghead2004
    egghead2004 Posts: 430
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Yup, that's it! That's how you got me started last year.[p] Its gonna rain here all weekend. Looks like ribs Saturday night while making the sauce. I think I'll halve as many as I can fit and cook them below the baby backs. They'll get the pork drippings, and some smoke. The rest may have to go in my small and in the saucepan. That should give me enough smoke flavor.[p]Oh boy, it's gonna be a great weekend for the eggs![p]Now that I finally finished landing a new job, I'll have more time to get back to egging on a regular basis.