Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobby Flay's Asian Spice Rubbed Ribs

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Got some St. Louis style ribs at H.E.B. yesterday and plan to see if I can duplicate Bobby Flay's 2 hour cook on his BBQ Addiction show. The recipe calls for a bunch of stuff we don't have handy but I'm thinking the Egg will make up for whatever is missing.

He says "If using the kamado-style ceramic charcoal cooker:" "...... put the ribs on the grill, top-side down, directly over the coals and cook until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 10 minutes. Remove the ribs and rack and put in the ceramic plate. Put one disposable pan of steaming liquid on the plate, then return the rack and the ribs to the grill. Cover and cook until ribs are tender and juicy, about 2 hours. Add water as necessary to prevent scorching, and coals to keept the internal temperature between 225 and 250 degrees F."

When he says, "steaming liquid," he is actually saying that the ribs will be steamed inside the Egg (Ooops, I mean kamado-style ceramic charcoal cooker.) They looked good but will have to be REALLY good to come close to my last batch.

We'll see. ~:>

Spring "Proud To Be A Kamado-Style Ceramic Charcoal Cooker Cook" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments