Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Brisket!

Options
BillPinNC
BillPinNC Posts: 68
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I put the brisket on at midnight, 220 grill temp, pulled it at 6PM and ate at 7PM. This is my second brisket and it turned out really good, better than the first one. I used the Eggfest 2000 recipe this time.

I need to figure out how to post pictures!

Regards,

BillPinNC

Comments

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    you an click on the 'Attach a file' below where you type in your comment
    context is important :)
  • BillPinNC
    Options
    Thanks LDD, I tried that, guess it does not work on an iPad.

• Marine
    Marine Posts: 84
    Options
    how big of a brisket?
  • IrishDevl75
    Options
    That sounds great, glad you enjoyed. I tried my first brisket a few weeks back and I got the temp up to about 170-175 (after 7 hours cooking). Opened the lid for a minute and pulled the thermometer (needed it to test another beast). Put it back in and the temp went to 150 and couldn't get it back up after that, pulled it 2-3 hours later - not sure what went wrong. I am pretty sure I screwed up and want to try I again - maybe needed more time. I will try again, but when I am at Costco the brisket is the same price as two butts - have to go with that over brisket. I will go one more round with the brisket and not pull the temp until it gets over the plateau (assuming this was the issue - not enough time).
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I can't wait to see pics
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    @BillPinNC There is a free photobucket app in the apple app store. You can upload your images from your iPad to their site and then post the picture by putting in

That way you can post using the iPad (just not straight from the iPad). I hope this helps.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon