Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Application for membership

The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Why does a new member have to tell you why they want to join?  I hope you can leave that field blank.
The Naked Whiz

• GeekGodGeekGod Posts: 52
    Whats next proof that you really own a BGE?  That does sound like a silly requirement.

In fact this entire forum change is silly.  Vanilla is horrible!

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    if you don't enter  "why" then it tells you need to. I put in a space and the same message came up, but the account was created. that's a defect.

I think it's silly to ask why and indicate that it's mandatory. and sneaky to create the account if they click submit twice without entering a reason.
    context is important :)
  • EgglecticEgglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I would think it's some kind of research type question.  If that's the case I am not sure if I would put in that place though.
  • I was going to reply "because", but I finally got in with my old profile #:-S.  Is there any preview before you post?
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • Egglectic.  That's exactly how I feel.  Career goals?  Not to make any less money than I make now, not to get laid off.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Wilco76Wilco76 Posts: 18
    @Egglectic @NakedWhiz I would say driving a company F-250 on company gas to and from work. Is that a response available?  :(|)
  • Heck, I'd take driving my own car if they'd buy the gas.
    The Naked Whiz
  • DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
    The whole concept of "applying" to join the forum will put off many newbies... and potential Egg customers.
  • At least you can see the posts without logging in as opposed to the Primo Forum where you can't do anything useful without joining.
    The Naked Whiz