Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Poll: List Your Top 5 Functionality Concerns with new forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    hardingb, my screen name came over just as it was over there with no difference. i have been trying since the change first happened yesterday afternoon. i had cleared cookies, cashe, history everything and rebooted 2-3 times on three diff pc's. my droid was showing it but that was the only one and I could not get any log in place on that to try to sign in.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Cary, I see an edit next to each of my posts so maybe we will retain that options for each of our own posts? has anyone seen any type of welcome or hints or directions? or is this like teaching the kids to swim in the old days. just throw them in the pool and see if they can get back out by themselves?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    been gone for the past 3 days. i was afraid this was what the place was gonna look like. didn't think it possible to make the old forum layout worse. where there's a will, there's a way I guess.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    didn't think it possible to make the old forum layout worse. where there's a will, there's a way I guess.

+1
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • mentsmin
    mentsmin Posts: 29
    Options
    -the ability to quote is a necessity
    -it would be nice to see additional information on posters beyond their handle and photo
    -needs some sort of advanced search feature

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    ignore feature
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Really miss the old "Flat View" 
    Links to old forum posts no longer function.  I have a number of informational pages such as:
    www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=843650&catid=1
    saved.  When I click on them they open up in the new forum on the latest posts page.

Ed
  • sd_newb
    sd_newb Posts: 9
    Options
    Flat view!

And it took forever to figure out how to get that view. The new forum is very difficult to read the way the colors and breaks are. Also difficult to navigate - - and the fact I cannot log in from my mac/firefox means this should be a no-go.

I want an enterprise level forum to discuss my BGE. I hope the company will invest in one--vBulletin comes to mind....
  • mentsmin
    mentsmin Posts: 29
    Options
    Apparently the board allows users to start new threads outside of any of the designated forums (they just come up as being on 'forum list').  This should probably be fixed. 
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    The new forum is not horrible, but it is very annoying. The lack of a picture icon is a fairly substantial oversight. Hopefully, everything will become more user friendly. However, if it does not, people will frequent this forum less, and less and it will not longer be the resource it once was. 

Steve
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin