Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Forum is Awful

Turk
Turk Posts: 114
edited August 2011 in Forum List
This is impossible to browse and is difficult to determine subject matter. It should be trashed for the old system. Why change what worked so well for so long? You allso cannot identify the old pros on the forum that were so helpful to the newbys.

Comments

• I have to agree :-S
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Clavin
    Clavin Posts: 91
    I really hated the old forum's need to click on each and every post to see what was being said.  I thought it was very cumbersome.

Now I realize that it was a compromise in order to allow the forum to be user friendly in many other ways.

Eggheadforum.com was my "go-to" website for answers to my novice BBQ questions.  I fear that this change will cause people to visit less and less.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    I think it is called "be careful what you wish for..."
  • tomah
    tomah Posts: 8
    i hate that you cannot even quote somebody and reply!!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning ???:

Since I can no longer know who I am replying to I guess I should say "Morning All"...by the way this is SSN686 since it doens't allow my handle to be shown anymore...I DO NOT like the new format, but I wasn't asked, so I guess I'll just visit and post much less often.

Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• ron4fish
    ron4fish Posts: 144
    This was the goto forum for many newbies and "seasoned" pros alike. It is much more difficult to get into, I have had to reset my password 4 times to get in. They did not send my old handle here, ron4fish. I agree that you cannot see the experts nor can you see who is logged in. There appear to be some good things to this but they do not make up for switching from the old format. :ar! :-q  ~X(
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    I think a lot of handles are missing (including mine-RaleighGuy). It is weird to see only a few names I recognize posting. I just want to be able to comment without having to save a draft. My comment box goes to infinity and beyond.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• To get your handle fixed send an Email to promotions@biggreenegg.com,  I did a little while ago,  it was changed in about a half hour...

• ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    I asked yesterday afternoon and nothing.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    @Jay....see Austex_Egger's note on his handle.  Please try to get your SSN686 back....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Wow.  This is pretty lame.  Maybe someone should point out the "improvements" because at first glance there don't seem to be any...

I really don't want to be overly negative, but I am not feeling much joy about the new format.
    New Orleans LA
  • Dondgc
    Ok, in the interest of not being completely negative, I did see one improvement - the forum is MUCH faster.  Posting is instantaneous, or at least on my post above it was.
    New Orleans LA
  • Feel like we might have lost somthing good..

posting issues, log in issues, view issues

• I should have thought that some more horsepower could have sped up the old forum.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Dondgc said... "Ok, in the interest of not being completely negative, I did see one improvement - the forum is MUCH faster.  Posting is instantaneous, or at least on my post above it was."

Going nowhere fast? Is that what you meant? 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RaleighGuy
    @ajcamillo
    Email them again. Just emailed them for a second time and they got it fixed. Just wondering-does everyone else have to hit save draft, click back to forum, go to saved drafts, hit some weird button to get back in the comment box because something messes up somehow, save draft again, then click post comment to post a comment? It is really annoying. I timed the whole process for this message: 6 minutes to post this comment.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• Dondgc
    Michael47 - I would like to reply with quote, but I can't with the new forum - at any rate, that was pretty funny...

RaleighGuy - not having the issue you discussed.  Are you being forced to hit save draft? Or are you trying to save a draft?
    New Orleans LA
  • I am not sure what to think.  I was just finally got in.  Now  I am going to go poke around

missed woosday
    imageimage
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • ok need to figure out how to post/resize picture
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • RaleighGuy
    Save Draft to post message is forced. This forum locks up my home computer, and takes 6 minutes to post comment on my work computer. On my wife's laptop now, which seems to work, but very slowly. OOPs, spoke too soon. It is making me save draft to post this message. 5 minute process.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC