Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Chicken = Great Pizza

Options
CrimsonEgg
CrimsonEgg Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_3756.jpg

Let the pizza stone preheat at 550 for about 10 minutes. She's a well-seasoned stone.

IMG_3758.jpg

Rolled out some pizza dough from the neighborhood Publix, topped it off with Saturday night's leftover grilled chicken (Shaking the Tree), some light pizza sauce, a few pepperonis, some fresh sliced tomato, buffalo mozzarella and basil.

IMG_3760.jpg

A little margarita to help pass the time.

IMG_3762.jpg

12 minutes later. Which is only about half the amount of time it took to devour it.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    good looking pie you got there! i made pizzas last night i quit taking photos tho :pinch:

it looks like your egg is in a nest. so if you got the little green "Feet" and place them between your platesetter and the pizza stone you will be more consistant. at least it helped me be more consistant. but you did not ask so disregard if you want. the pizza looks really good..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• CrimsonEgg
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I've seen people with that setup but have just never tried it. But I think I'll give it a go now! Thanks again.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i usually use that setup whenever i am baking so the bottom doesnt burn so easily..

i learn something everytime i make pizza's. last night i made a margerita pizza with home grown overripe tomatoes. well i should have let them drain because my pizza turned into a soupy bread :lol: the cappicola ham and jalepeno gouda was good. the mushroom itialian sausage was really good also. just got to learn to drain overripe tomatoes..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb